Nasal Congestion and Sinus Congestion
Nose congestion is aextremely common complication caused by too much mucus. The mucus clogs the nose and makes it hard for a person to breathe.
Nasal congestion occurs when the lining of the nose is swelling because of the inflamed blood vessels. This may cause colds, flu, allergies and sinus infection.
Both children and adults can experience these congestion issues. For infants, it is terribly hard to be congested because they are only comfortable to breathing with their nose.
It is exceedingly irritating for them to have a runny nose. For adults, it can also cause serious problems especially in doing daily chores. A congested nose affects a person’s concentration.
Home Remedies For Congestion Problems
The fantastic news is there are available home remedies to bring relief to these congestion problems. It can be treated by using only the available stuffs in your kitchen. Let’s start from herbal and natural medications. The oil of oregano can be particularly helpful in treating nasal congestions.
- It has natural wonders that can help bring relief to different congestion problems. Just add two to three drops of oregano oil to your juice. Do this for several days and the patient will surely feel relieved.
- This does not only help him in decongesting; it also strengthens the immune system.
Another useful herbal plant that can be used as a nasal decongestant is the Eucalyptus oil. Add three drops of oil to boiling water and inhale the steam in two to three minutes.
Tea Tree oil can also be used in steaming. It has components which help kills bacteria and fungus that causes the complication.
Sinus Congestion: The Result of Nasal Congestion
Sinus congestion is a common effect of nasal congestion. This can be caused by bacteria build up in the lining of the sinus. The bacteria build up when there is too much mucus present in the sinus. The best remedy for this problem is steaming. The patient can put tiny pieces of onions in a pot of boiling water and inhale the steam through your mouth with your eyes closed.
The sulfur content of the onion will help relieve him from the congestion by killing the bacteria build-ups in the sinus. Horseradish can also help him with this. The combination of horseradish and onion can be strong enough to eliminate bacteria. Apple Cider Vinegar can also be an excellent steaming buddy.
- Combine fifty percent of ACV and fifty percent of water. Heat the mixture and inhale the steam. Apple Cider Vinegar is immensely useful not only for congestion problems but also in eliminating mucus in the throat and the lining of the sinus.
Vicks is one of the most traditional ointments people uses when decongesting. This can only be used to relieve a patient from the mucus. It softens the mucus and makes discharging easier. For more complicated issues such as inflammation, steaming can be done using antibacterial and antifungal solutions.
Again, let us be aware that prevention is always better than cure. The patient should be conscious with what he eats and what should be taken in order for him to avoid common diseases such as congestion problems. Water therapy is well much needed by the body.
- Drinking water can help us wash away bacteria. The more water content the body has, the stronger the body’s defense from diseases. Common colds can trigger a lot of sickness. The presence of mucus in the nasal passages and sinus can trigger the growth of bacteria.
It is strongly recommended that you consult with a physician.
You can consult with board-certified doctors, 24/7/365, via phone or online video consults from wherever you happen to be.
- It's on demand healthcare,
- Without long time waits at the doctor office,
- No enrolment periods, insurance forms, or denials for pre-existing conditions.
Colds are easy to catch, but it is also easy to avoid. Foods that are reach in vitamin A, this can be extremely helpful in strengthening your immune system. It keeps a person away from cold, cough and sinus infection.